What is WordPress Fuel?
WordPress Fuel is an (H)MVC framework for WordPress plugin development.
Why WordPress Fuel?
As you may already know, WordPress web software is one of the most flexible, powerful, and easiest way to publish content online. While WordPress is powerful but it has it's own limitations. WordPress Fuel addresses few of the issues as follows:
- Procedural Code: WordPress Fuel has OOP plugin abstraction layer that uses WordPress features.
- Name spacing: No need to explictly define function prefixes as everything is handled with a WordPress Fuel Plugin handler.
- Modularity: Allows you to write modular code.
- Plugin Layers: Ease of separation, separates the front-end and back-end logic pertaining to a plugin.
- Coupling: Facilitates communication between plugins keeping the loose coupling.
- Spaghetti code: Avoids spaghetti code. Spaghetti code is difficult to follow.
Controller is a class that can be reached through the URL and executes the action. A controller is a PHP class that takes information from the HTTP request and sets the HTTP response.
The model manages the behavior and data of the application domain, responds to requests for information about its state (usually from the view), and responds..
Views are core part of presentation layer. View is a file that serve data to the browser. By separating your view from the business logic of your application, your code will be cleaner and easier to maintain.
WordPress Fuel HMVC requests
WordPress Fuel includes a flexible HMVC request system. WordPress Fuel has internal request dispatching mechanism. HMVC pattern offers more flexibility in your application